Posts for tag: crowns
How dental crowns and bridges from your family dentists in Green Bay WI can strengthen your smile
Dental crowns and bridges are the perfect answer to restore and strengthen your smile. If you have damaged or missing teeth, your chewing ability is reduced. When you are unable to chew properly, your digestion is impacted, which can have a dramatic effect on your overall health.
Dr. Heidi Eggers-Ulve and Dr. Eric Ulve at Green Bay Family Dental in Green Bay WI offer comprehensive dental services, including dental crowns and bridges.
Green Bay crowns and bridges offer these amazing benefits for you to consider:
Natural beauty, because many crowns are made of full porcelain, which is a light-reflective material. It also closely resembles natural tooth enamel, so your full porcelain crown will blend in and enhance your smile.
Superb strength, because a dental crown covers your entire tooth above the gumline. Thanks to the overall protection, when you bite down on a crown, the pressure and stress are spread out over the entire tooth, protecting the tooth from breaking.
Damage repair, because most tooth damage can be fully repaired with a crown. If a large amount of tooth structure is lost, your dentist may need to place a post in the tooth and build a metal framework around the post to anchor the crown in place.
If you have an incomplete smile because of missing teeth, dental bridges can give you back your smile and your chewing ability.
Dental bridges offer these amazing benefits for you to consider:
Natural beauty, because dental bridges are made of lifelike materials that closely resemble natural gum tissue and natural teeth.
Restoration of your smile, because dental bridges complete your smile by filling in the space left behind by missing teeth. Your self-esteem and self-confidence will be restored because you know you look your best.
Today’s crowns and bridges provide amazing benefits for you and your smile. To find out more about how dental crowns and bridges can restore and enhance your smile, call Dr. Heidi Eggers-Ulve and Dr. Eric Ulve of Green Bay Family Dental in Green Bay WI at (920) 432-2961.
Wear and tear, aging, decay, and injuries can damage or weaken teeth and alter your smile. Fortunately, your Green Bay, WI, Dentists, Dr. Heidi Eggers-Ulve or Dr. Eric Ulve of Green Bay Family Dental, can help you restore, strengthen, or enhance your smile with porcelain crowns.
Versatile crowns offer several smile benefits
Crowns are hollow restorations that slip over the tops of your teeth, protecting them on all four sides. A certain amount of artistry is involved in crafting porcelain crowns. Dental laboratory technicians use an impression of your mouth to create a restoration that looks natural and feels comfortable. After your Green Bay dentist makes a few small adjustments to your crown, it's cemented to your tooth.
Porcelain, a durable material that reflects light the same way tooth enamel does, is used to create crowns that are tough enough to withstand years of chewing and biting.
Your dentist may recommend crowns if:
- You Have a Large Filling: Porcelain crowns help strengthen teeth with large fillings. Although the filling process eliminates decay, it can weaken the tooth if a significant amount of structure must be removed. Crowns can also be used instead of a filling if decay is extensive.
- You Had a Root Canal: Tooth-saving root canal therapy can weaken your tooth. Adding porcelain crowns decreases your risk of a fracture.
- Your Teeth are Fragile: Brittle or crumbling teeth can be protected and strengthened with dental crowns.
- You Have a Crack in Your Tooth: Cracks weaken teeth and may allow bacteria to enter the teeth and cause tooth decay. Encasing teeth in layers of porcelain keeps bacteria away and prevents the crack from breaking your tooth.
- Your Tooth is Too Short: Whether you have a few teeth that have become short due to grinding, or you have a tooth that has always been short, crowns can be used to add height.
- Your Tooth Broke: Crowns restore broken teeth, improving their appearance and your ability to chew.
- You Don't Like the Way a Tooth Looks: Porcelain crowns can completely change the shape of teeth or conceal discolorations.
Strengthen, protect, and improve your smile with porcelain crowns! Call your Green Bay, WI, dentists, Drs. Heidi Eggers-Ulve and Eric Ulve of Green Bay Family Dental, at (920) 432-2961 to schedule your appointment.